Thursday, September 13, 2012

Introduction

Life can be chaotic!  As a wife and mother to a 3 year old, I am reminded of this daily.  The hours of each day fly by.  I wake up in the morning, get through the daily routine, and before I know it, the sun is setting.  I've been trying to remind myself to not get so caught up in the chaos, or worrying about yesterday or tomorrow, but treasuring each minute as it comes along.  I've been trying to remind myself regularly to enjoy each moment; to take time for today.

There are a few things I've been focusing on to help bring more order to our family.  They take a little bit of time and effort but have been totally worth it.  These are the things I plan to post most about in my new blogging venture.

Fun things to do (primarily with a toddler!) ~ Yummy things to eat ~ Important ways to save

As I have increased my focus on these things, I have absolutely fallen in love with Pinterest (thank you to my sister for the initial introduction)!  I would describe myself as creative but I could not possibly come up with all of the fantastic ideas that get us through each day.  You will find lots of links in my blog to other blogs with lots and lots of wonderful things.  I will confess to being a pinning addict.  For example, I have 554... yes 554... pins on my Recipes to Try board.  This is a problem!  Where do I begin?  I'll try them all someday, but in the meantime, I'll be posting on my blog what I have tried, what has worked and what has not.  My biggest pinning interests are recipes and children's activities.  If you are interested in all of my pins, rather than the scaled down version that I will post here, feel free to follow me on Pinterest!

Anyone who knows me knows that one of my biggest priorities in life is finding ways to save money.  When my daughter was born, my husband and I were committed to finding a way for me to stay home with her rather than returning to full time work.  We figured that if we could save even a small percentage of what we would have been making with me working, it would make a difference.  And it certainly has!  I hope to share some of my favorite ways to save here with you.  And be forewarned that many of the activities and recipes will including saving as well because they are all intertwined for us.

Okay, enough of the boring background info.  I'm tired of writing my introduction.  Let's get on with the good stuff!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...