Monday, October 8, 2012

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken


It's chilly outside and time to dust off your crock pot if you haven't already!  I made this very yummy recipe last week, adapted from the recipe found here at Crockin' Girls.  I doubled their recipe and added some extras.  We served ours over plain couscous because that is what we had instead of rice and also served with nacho chips.  You could also use this as taco meat.  Next time I think I'll add a sliced onion and some beans as well.

If you don't have a crock pot, you should definitely get one!  They are not too pricey and the relief of being able to just throw all of your ingredients in it first thing in the morning and know that dinner is already done by breakfast is priceless.

Here's how I made our Salsa Chicken...

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 pounds frozen chicken breasts (don't even have to be thawed!!)
  • 2 packages taco seasoning
  • 2 cans cream of "something" soup (original recipe calls for mushroom but I think I used a chicken and a celery)
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 1 can corn (optional)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (optional, I used quesadilla but you could use anything, I just happened to have this type and this amount in the fridge)
  • 1 cup sour cream

Directions:
  • Put chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
  • Mix the taco seasoning, soup, salsa, corn and cheese in a bowl and pour over chicken.
  • Cook on low for 8 hours.
  • Stir up to break up/shred the chicken.
  • Mix in sour cream just before serving.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...