- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 6 thin cut boneless pork chops (or a package of boneless chicken tenders)
- (just add more or less ingredients depending on how much you are cooking)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dip meat in egg/spice mixture
- Coat with breadcrumbs
- Brown in oil
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of meat (use a meat thermometer to be sure they are cooked enough, chicken is going to take longer than pork - maybe even up to 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on how much you are cooking and how thick the pieces are)
Like I said, I have never had a problem with this recipe however my father tells me he does not like this method because he always burns the meat in the frying pan. Just add more oil if the pan is getting dry (I use more than 3 tablespoons by the end, for sure) and don't turn up the heat too high. It only takes a minute on each side, just to make them a little bit crispy, barely browned. They will cook in the oven.
I've also used this recipe with chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces - I call them chicken bites. They are another family favorite!
Let me know how yours turn out!