Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Line



Last month I was invited to join a BzzAgent campaign for the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Face Care line.  I've blogged about BzzAgent before (you can read here) but basically they are a company that helps manufacturers reach out to consumers, offering them a chance to try products and give their honest opinions on them.


I was very excited to be offered this campaign!

Here's what came in my Bzz Kit:
  • Full Size Cream Cleanser
  • Full Size Night Cream
  • Full Size Treatment Mask
  • Samples of Day Lotion
  • Samples of Night Cream
  • Coupons

As soon as I knew my Bzz Kit had shipped, I ran to the mailbox everyday in hopes that it had arrived!  Once it did, I ripped the box open and tried it immediately!  This was a couple of weeks ago.  I wanted to write a review about the product as soon as I squeezed a little bit of cleanser onto my hand (it smelled so good!) but I also knew that I could give a more accurate representation after using it for a little while longer and seeing how my skin was actually going to react to it, beyond the first sniff.

I do not necessarily consider my skin to be very dry overall.  I do use a moisturizer daily to keep from seeing dry flakes but in general I would consider myself to have combination skin.  Certainly the winter months bring about more dryness and without moisturizer I'm definitely dealing with some flakiness.  My hope was that this line would take care of that but not be so heavy and greasy that my pores would clog and I'd be dealing with a disaster.

After a couple of weeks, it's safe to say that I love this face care line!  Like I said initially, I really do love the smell.  Clary Sage is what's called but what it smells like is heavenly.  It smells refreshing, clean, and just overall yummy.  Here's some info on Clary Sage for those of you, like me, that have never heard of it before.  Apparently that (over to the right) is what it looks like, and this (down below) is what it's deal is...

Clary Sage: A Force of Nature
Deep in the windswept hills of the Mediterranean, a lone plant fights for its life against the elements. Clary Sage survives and thrives in spite of its harsh surroundings, thanks to the plant's fierce will and exceptional ability to adapt and retain moisture. This remarkable botanical is the inspiration behind Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Face Care line — the brand's natural ode to soft, supple, revitalized skin.

After getting beyond the scent of the face wash, I will admit that I was a little bit nervous initially about the texture.  I'm used to using a foaming cleanser and using a cream cleanser is a little bit out of my comfort zone.  Actually, I was pretty convinced that my skin was going to feel and look greasy and that I was going to be completely breaking out with acne within the first day.  

I was wrong!  The cleanser was soft and creamy but washed right off and left my skin feeling very hydrated - but not greasy.  And in terms of breakouts, I have not experienced anything out of the ordinary with the exception that my ordinary blemishes are much easier to cover up because I'm not having to deal with trying to apply makeup to flaky dry skin!  

The Day Lotion, Night Cream, and Treatment Mask are all just as great!  The line also includes an eye cream that I'm pretty sure I will be looking to add to my skin care regimen as well.  There is nothing disappointing to me about using this line and I'm pretty confident that it has officially replaced what I was using previously.  

I have never used Burt's Bees products in the past.  The have always been appealing given their 99.0% all natural ingredients.  You won't be surprised to know that my biggest reason for not using them is because I haven't come across a deal for them that allows me to get them for free or really inexpensive! That being said, when new products hit the market and companies want to get them out there you better believe they promote them to draw you in.  A little searching revealed a deal on this product that you can't beat!  Yippee!

Here's how you can try the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cleanser for only 99 cents!
  • At Rite Aid, the cleanser goes for $9.99
  • Burt's Bees has coupons that you can print from their facebook page for $3 off (if you can't print let me know because I still have $3 coupons from my Bzz Kit to share!)
  • Rite Aid has a coupon that you can print from their Video Values website (watch the video, earn the coupon) for $3 off and you can combine this Rite Aid coupon with the coupon from facebook above
  • So now you have $6 off something that regularly goes for $9.99 and you will pay $3.99 (already a good deal)
  • But THEN you can submit for a rebate through Rite Aid for $3 back when you buy a product from this line and guess what?!  That's right!  You've got the cleanser for 99 cents!  GREAT DEAL!  
  • Needless to say, if you want to try this product, this is the time!  Even though I still have plenty left, I plan to take advantage of this deal for sure since I can't guarantee that a deal this great will come along on a product in this price range when I run out.
So there you have it.  I'm so excited that I got to try the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Line through BzzAgent and even more excited that I love it as much as I do!  You should give it a try (at the very least try the cleanser using the deal I listed above).

Also, if you haven't joined BzzAgent yet, I will give it another shameless plug.  It's really amazing.  I honestly would have never tried this product if it weren't for them giving me the opportunity to do so.  I currently have four Bzz Campaigns going, all of which include trying very cool things without spending a penny ~ Burt's Bees Intense Hydration, Green Mountain Fair Trade Coffee, Ristorante Pizza, and Claritin-D.  If you are not getting in on this, you are missing out.  Let me know if you need any help getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...