Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

This is a oldie but goodie!  We used to make this Chicken Spaghetti Casserole all the time when I was younger and when I was desperate for something different to cook a few days ago I decide to dust off the old recipe card and make it again... it had been years!  I won't wait so long to fix it again next time.  We loved it, as always.  I will warn you that because this is an old favorite, there are not many official measurements included.  If you need more details than I have provided, let me know!


Ingredients:

  • Boneless chicken breasts (maybe 1 or 1.5 pounds)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Sage
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Salt
  • Bay Leaf
  • 2 cans of cream of whatever-you-are-in-the-mood-for soup (I used chicken and celery)
  • 8 oz spaghetti
  • Shredded cheese (I used about 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar)

Directions:

  • Put chicken in a pot and cover with water, sprinkled with all the seasonings until it smells yummy (salt, pepper, sage, onion powder, bay leaf, whatever you think smells good - you are making a delicious chicken broth)
  • Boil until chicken is cooked through
  • Take chicken out and set aside; cut into bite size pieces
  • Take two cups of broth out and mix in a bowl with the 2 cans of cream soup
  • Cook spaghetti in the rest of the broth (add more water if you need to) and drain when done
  • Put spaghetti in bottom of 9x13 casserole dish
  • Arrange bite size pieces of chicken on top of spaghetti
  • Sprinkle garlic salt and onion powder over chicken
  • Pour sauce made from broth and soups on top
  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese
  • Cover with foil and cook until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly (maybe about 30 minutes or a little longer... I honestly don't remember how long I cooked it for but everything is already cooked, you just need to get all the flavors mixed up together and the cheese melted.)

This is good comfort food... let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...