Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza


This month I was invited to join a campaign through BzzAgent to try Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza!  As part of my BzzKit I received two coupons for free pizzas and several dollar off coupons to share with friends and family.  

Before my coupons arrived I checkout out the Ristorante website to get a preview of what my flavor options would be... 

Can we say yum?  My mouth was watering even before I received my BzzKit!  One we received our coupons, off we went to the grocery store to see what options they had and ended up choosing Pizza Speciale and Quattro Formaggi.  We were not disappointed with our selection!

Here are the descriptions of our two choices from the company's website...


Pizza SpecialeThis unique thin crust pizza with Pepperoni and Cooked Ham make this pizza a culinary feast.  Edam, Mozzarella and spicy herbs add to the full flavor of this wonderful pizza.




Pizza Quattro Formaggi ~ A delicious blend of mozzarella, Edam, Emmental and blue cheese, complemented by a tantalizing basil seasoning on a crispy thin crust.

As we ate our dinner as a family, we chatted about what we would want YOU to know about our meal...
  • We all thought the pizza tasted great!  This included myself, my husband, and our two and half year old pizza-loving daughter.
  • The toppings were evenly distributed.  With some other frozen pizza varieties in the past, I have spent almost as much time rearranging toppings prior to cooking as I would making my own pizza from scratch!  These toppings were spread out evenly when I took the pizzas out of the packaging and there was minimal rearranging necessary (maybe 2 pieces of pepperoni).  This made for a quick and easy entrance into the oven and no wondering about who would want what piece... there were no pieces that had more or less toppings than others.
  • The crust was crispy but not crunchy.  Know what I mean?  There was a little crisp when we bit into the crust but it didn't make for a hard pizza at all.  Neither was it chewy, or so limp that you had to eat it with a fork.  It was just the perfect combination of crisp and soft.  It's hard to describe but it was impressive!  Historically, I have not been a huge fan of thin crust pizzas but these changed my mind a bit.
  • We didn't have to dirty many dishes.  There was no need to pull out a cookie sheet, a pizza stone, a pizza pan, or anything like that.  These pizzas come out of the box, out of a plastic sleeve, and onto the oven rack.
  • These were done quickly.  They only cook for 12-14 minutes.  Our two and a half year old was tolerant of this wait which is a very important thing!
  • This was frozen pizza.  I'm not going to lie.  We didn't think this tasted like we were in a restaurant or ordered takeout or delivery.  It tasted like frozen pizza.  That being said, it was a frozen pizza we liked.
  • We wished there was more.  These pizzas were fairly small.  Or maybe we just have big appetites?  We only made one pizza per meal and it filled us up - sort of - but we would have eaten more if it were there.  The first meal, my husband and I each had three pieces and our daughter had two.  The second meal, my husband had two pieces and our daughter and I each had three (and she asked for more).  I think we would have all felt more content after the fact if the pizza were just a bit larger.

Overall, I was impressed with Ristorante Pizza and wouldn't mind stocking my freezer with a few more.  I was actually a bit disappointed when we ate the last one!  Besides being tasty, these really made for a relaxing evening for me in terms of dinner preparation and clean up and that is so necessary some days. I actually think the convenience was my favorite part of these pizzas... a convenience that was achieved without sacrificing quality.

Here are some photos from our Ristorante pizza trying experience!






If you give Ristorante a try, let me know what you think!  

You can visit the Ristorante facebook page here and website here.  

And while you're at it, check out BzzAgent, where you can have opportunities to try products for free and share your honest opinion!  You can read more about this kind of thing in my blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...