This recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies with only four ingredients hit Pinterest like wildfire recently so of course I jumped on the bandwagon and pinned it. As I've said before, I think I have hundreds of recipes pinned on my "to try" board (yup, just checked.... 639 to be exact) but only a small percentage of them will I actually try. This one I had a feeling I would and when my sister told me she tried them and liked them, I knew it was time!
Here's my favorite part about this recipe. It doesn't use flour, butter, or oil! I go through those ingredients SO fast at this time of year when I do so much baking. If I come across a recipe for cookies that doesn't use those things, I know I have found a winner! This is also a great option for our gluten free friends out there.
This recipe is very easy and you can whip it up FAST! I only got 16 cookies out of it so if you want more, just double it. Enjoy, and let me know how yours turn out!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients with mixer.
- Drop tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Use fork to flatten dough in crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Let sit for 2 minutes on baking sheet prior to moving to wire rack.
You can find the original recipe here.