That's right, folks, TWO INGREDIENTS! This could not get any easier (or yummier). I have to be honest that when I first came across this recipe I did not have high hopes for it. All I could think of was a bland, dry, totally non-delicous slab of orange colored dough. I was actually skeptical enough that I felt a little bit like I was wasting ingredients all the way up until I took my first bite. And then.... OH MY GOSH! This is AMAZING. I will never look for a different pumpkin cake recipe. I am not exaggerating. I promise you will love this.
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (doesn't need to be fancy, I used a box of traditional, not extra moist or anything)
- I also added some pumpkin pie spice to mine but that will change this to a 3 ingredient cake... It's up to you. 1 teaspoon will do the trick if you want to add it (I used 2 teaspoons and it was a bit much... further proof of how skeptical I was!).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix pumpkin and cake mix together with electric mixer until combined (it will be thick)
- Scoop into a greased 6x10 baking dish (or something close to that size)
- Bake for 28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (don't overbake it)
- Let cool for a few minutes and then flip it onto a platter and pour glaze over top
- I cut some slits in the top of my cake prior to pouring to get the glaze all down inside too
For glaze, mix the following together:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Let me know how it turns out!
You can view the original recipe here.