Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze


That's right, folks, TWO INGREDIENTS!  This could not get any easier (or yummier).  I have to be honest that when I first came across this recipe I did not have high hopes for it.  All I could think of was a bland, dry, totally non-delicous slab of orange colored dough.  I was actually skeptical enough that I felt a little bit like I was wasting ingredients all the way up until I took my first bite.  And then.... OH MY GOSH!  This is AMAZING.  I will never look for a different pumpkin cake recipe.  I am not exaggerating.  I promise you will love this.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (doesn't need to be fancy, I used a box of traditional, not extra moist or anything)
  • I also added some pumpkin pie spice to mine but that will change this to a 3 ingredient cake... It's up to you.  1 teaspoon will do the trick if you want to add it (I used 2 teaspoons and it was a bit much... further proof of how skeptical I was!).

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Mix pumpkin and cake mix together with electric mixer until combined (it will be thick)
  • Scoop into a greased 6x10 baking dish (or something close to that size)
  • Bake for 28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (don't overbake it)
  • Let cool for a few minutes and then flip it onto a platter and pour glaze over top
  • I cut some slits in the top of my cake prior to pouring to get the glaze all down inside too

For glaze, mix the following together:
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons apple cider
  • 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Let me know how it turns out!

You can view the original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...