- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 475
- In a mixing bowl combine sifted flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a liquid measure place 1/3 cup oil and 2/3 cup milk together (do not mix, just pour them in).
- Pour the liquids into the flour mixture.
- Stir until dough forms and pulls from sides of bowl.
- Turn out onto wax paper and knead ten times (do not use extra flour and do not over-knead).
- Place second sheet of wax paper on top and roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness (or simply flatten by hand)
- Cut with round cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, lid of a mason jar, or top of a glass (You can also form these yourself by skipping the rolling and cutting. Just pull off bits and form into biscuits).
- Bake about 10-12 minutes (10 is perfect for me).
- Depending on how thick you make them, you can make about 6-9 biscuits.
You can visit my sister in law's blog here. She hasn't blogged this recipe yet but she should!