Friday, May 24, 2013

Shaving Cream Bathtub Paints

We made these super duper, super fun, super easy, and super clean paints today in an attempt to beat the rainy day blues and it worked!  In fact, my 2 1/2 year old spent an hour and a half in the tub painting the tub, the walls, her toys, her body, and then cleaning everything up with washcloths and sponges.  It was the perfect rainy day activity!


You probably won't believe this, but I did not have any shaving cream in the house, only shaving gel which according to every google search I did would not work.  But, desperate times call for desperate measures and I was determined to make it work.  A good stir turned my shaving gel into nice foamy shaving cream in no time.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Shaving Cream
  • Food Coloring
  • Tongue depressors, fingers, or whatever you want to use for painting

Here's what you'll do:
  • Stir shaving cream together with a couple of drops of food coloring
  • Paint, paint, paint
  • Clean up with a wet cloth or sponge
  • If you use shaving gel instead of cream just give it a good stir first to get it foamy.  Mine even had a blue tint and it still mixed up nicely with the food coloring.

So easy, so fun, and no stains on my tub or child!

I found my inspiration for this project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...