I got my inspiration from the recipe I found here, and tweaked it to fit what I had since I was not about to go to the store or spend any money on this!
FYI: I will never spend money on salsa at the store again!
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes & green chilies
- small onion, chopped
- clove garlic, pressed
- jalapeno slices (I don't know how many I used... I found them in the fridge and put maybe 8-ish slices in?)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro (if you don't think you have any, see if you have any of those McCormick Recipe Inspirations Garlic Lime Chicken Fajita thingies in your stockpile - it was in there!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I would have used lime but didn't realize I had it until after the fact)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender (or food processor) and pulse until combined (about 30 seconds or less depending on how you like it)
Let me know how it turns out for you!
Thanks, Mountain Mama Cooks for sharing your recipe!