I am on a constant quest for good granola bar recipes. I am a lunch packing fanatic... in other words, I hugely obsess over the lunches I pack for my husband and our daughter. There always needs to be a snack-y thing and I prefer it be a granola bar type item but when I don't have any purchased or made, I tend to add cookies because I want there to be something homemade. Of course cookies are yummy, but I'd rather pack something healthier and save those for a special treat later. Anyway, today on my granola bar quest, I came across a super easy cereal bar recipe and whipped these guys up in no time at all! They will do the trick and are certainly healthier (and even easier) than the cookies I packed all last week.
I will be snacking on these while I continue my hearty, healthy granola bar search. Do you have a favorite granola bar recipe? Please share!
Here's the recipe. I originally found it on Healthy Food For Living.
- 3 cups dry cereal (I used 3 Kashi cups ~ 2 Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat and 1 Go Lean)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (I used almost 1/2 cup and topped it off with maple syrup when I ran out)
- Line 8x8 square pan with parchment paper
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a saucepan and heat on medium until it just starts to simmer, stirring constantly (about 2-3 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir until well combined
- Add cereal and stir until evenly coated
- Pour mixture into pan, cover with parchment and press firmly
- Let sit for 1 hour
- Use sharp knife to cut into bars or squares
Enjoy! (and please please please tell me your favorite granola bar recipe because I am in great need!)
Visit here to see how you can get some FREE Kashi cereal with your coupons this week!