- My daughter and all of her 3 and 4 year old friends would love the sparkly glamorousness of Mickey Mouse jewelry.
- My husband would help me make them since, even though they were jewelry, they were made out of things from the hardware store.
I was right about both things!
These necklaces were a huge hit at our party. They were not difficult to make and they really added a fun touch to our celebration.
Here's what you'll need:
- Appropriately sized flat washers, 2 small and 1 large for each necklace (Just play around with them at the store a bit and see which ones look right for the size you are going for)
- Nail polish (I used red and sparkly)
- Gorilla glue
- Clamp or clothespin to hold washers in place while the glue dries
Here's what you'll do:
- Cover your work surfaces. You don't want nail polish or gorilla glue getting on anything!
- Paint all of your washers with nail polish. I put 2 layers of red and then covered with a layer of glittery goodness after the washers were glued together.
- Once dry, add string and bead as seen in photo
- Glue the two small washers onto the larger washer for ears (this was my husband's job so if you need more details, let me know!)
- Once dry, scrape off any excess glue
- Add nail polish to cover any glue you couldn't scrape off. I was making these for 3 and 4 year olds so they did not need to be perfect. You may choose to use more care in glue application than we did.
Adapted from the Becky Anderson Photography tutorial found here.