Thursday, June 12, 2014

Mickey and Minnie Mouse Paper Chain

We made this super cute Mickey and Minnie paper chain garland decoration for our Disney themed party over three months ago and it still hangs over a doorway in our house!  It was such an easy (although a bit tedious) project and it really helped set the mood for our fun day.


You'll see that we used black for Mickey and Minnie's heads, red for their clothes, white for their buttons and polka dots, yellow for their shoes, and white for their hands... or to separate them... however you want to interpret it...  Get it?!  We also used some pink for Minnie's bows... I intended to use red to match her skirt but my 3 year old informed me that Minnie doesn't wear red, she wears pink... oh, how times have changed!


Here's what you'll need:
  • construction paper - black, red, yellow, white
  • hole punch
  • tape or glue
  • ear template (small circle shape with a tab to attach to the black loops)
  • bow template (small bow with a tab to attach to alternating heads)
  • a little helper

Here's what you'll do:
  • cut strips of construction paper in desired width
  • trace and cut ears out of black paper and bows out of pink or red paper
  • punch out lots of little white dots
  • loop paper strips inside of one another, alternating colors, and secure with tape or glue
  • attach ears and bows
  • attach dots
  • hang and show your DisneySide!


I am so excited that one week from today I'll be showing my DisneySide at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration On The Road in Philadelphia!  I hope you'll follow along from home if you won't be there in person!

Thankfully when I return home, I'll still have my Mickey and Minnie decorations to greet me and keep me in the Disney spirit!

BUT, you don't need a party or a conference to show your DisneySide... how do you show yours?

photos courtesy of Keiko S. Dowell Photography

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! That would be sweet to make if you were going to Disney World to put up to build excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute idea. You could use it for birthday party or baby shower decor too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...