Did you know that Hood has been in business for 160 years? Talk about having some time to perfect a product! And talk about a lot of years for a lot of people to try and determine that Hood Sour Cream is the very best sour cream out there. Our family has been becoming much more health conscious in our recipe choices and eating habits and when I use Hood Sour Cream, my confidence in the choices of foods I'm providing my family increases. Hood All Natural Sour Cream is just that... all natural, with no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
Here's what we had for dinner last night after shoveling...
Chicken Enchiladas with Hood Sour Cream and
Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 8 oz Hood Sour Cream, plus more for topping
- 1 can cream of chicken (or whatever) soup (or try this easy homemade recipe for a healthier alternative)
- 1/2 small can of chopped green chiles (use the whole can if you want them spicy)
- 8 oz bag of shredded mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, plus some extra for sprinkling (I used a "heaping" 1/4 cup from my freezer stash)
- 8-10 soft whole wheat tortillas (try this easy homemade recipe but you will need to adjust the shortening and water - I needed to add a bit more as I went because whole wheat flour is quite a bit tougher than white)
- 1 jar/can mild enchilada sauce
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through (no longer pink), and chop or shred
- Make your cream-of-whatever soup
- Make your tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease 9x12 casserole dish
- Mix shredded chicken, sour cream, cream soup, chiles, green onions, and half of cheese
- Fill and roll tortillas and place, fold side down, in casserole dish
- Pour enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese and green onions
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling
- Top with sour cream, serve, and enjoy!
These were the best enchiladas I ever made. They tasted healthier and more delicious than ever. They didn't leave that heavy, after-Mexican food, feeling in my stomach. I knew what was in the ingredients I used, and I felt confident in them. They were perfectly creamy, thanks to the Hood All Natural Sour Cream (which I ate spoonfuls of as I went...).
Hood offers three varieties of Sour Cream ~ All Natural, Light, and Fat Free ~ and you can read more about them on their website. Also, you can connect with Hood through social media through the following links:
If Hood hasn't yet become a staple in your kitchen, give it a try! I'm confident you won't regret it!