|photo credit: Keiko S. Dowell Photography|
There are some things that look way more complicated than they are. I'll see something online like, say, water bottle labels, and think, "Wow, those look so cool! I wonder if I could do that..." The answer, for any of you asking that same question is "YES! Yes you CAN do that!" There aren't many things that are simpler but the end result is fantastic and adds such a fun aspect to your party or get-together! You could even do this to surprise your kids after school. It's that easy.
Take Time For Today. Take a few extra minutes to add a little something special to your day. I know they are just water bottles, but picture the wide eyes and smiles when your family opens the fridge tonight! It's worth it!
Here's what you'll need:
- Water bottles
- Clear packing tape
- Strip of paper that matches the width of the original bottle labels (If you want to make something fancy, you can search online for templates in many themes. I used a free printable download from Piggy Bank Parties and then added a Mickey Mouse head inside the circle to customize. You could also take off the original labels but I found this unnecessary and I'm all about simplifying where I can!)
Here's what you'll do:
- Make sure your water bottles are dry
- Cut a strip of packing tape a bit longer than your strip of paper
- Lay the packing tape sticky side up on a flat surface
- Carefully place your strip of paper, decorative side down on top of the packing tape
- Lift up the packing tape, with label now sticking to it, and wrap carefully around label of water bottle
- You can store in the fridge to keep cold
See? You can totally do it! And I'd love to see pictures of what you create!