Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My favorite recipe for Boneless Chicken Tenders and Boneless Pork Chops

This is one of those recipes that is just in my recipe book and I have no idea where it came from.  It was initially meant to be for Boneless Pork Chops but I actually use the same thing for those and Boneless Chicken Tenders.  It's very easy and has never failed me so I don't think there is much room for error!  Nothing fancy, but very yummy.  Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • breadcrumbs
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 6 thin cut boneless pork chops (or a package of boneless chicken tenders)
  • (just add more or less ingredients depending on how much you are cooking)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Dip meat in egg/spice mixture
  • Coat with breadcrumbs
  • Brown in oil
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of meat (use a meat thermometer to be sure they are cooked enough, chicken is going to take longer than pork - maybe even up to 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on how much you are cooking and how thick the pieces are)

Like I said, I have never had a problem with this recipe however my father tells me he does not like this method because he always burns the meat in the frying pan.  Just add more oil if the pan is getting dry (I use more than 3 tablespoons by the end, for sure) and don't turn up the heat too high.  It only takes a minute on each side, just to make them a little bit crispy, barely browned.  They will cook in the oven.

I've also used this recipe with chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces - I call them chicken bites.  They are another family favorite!

Let me know how yours turn out!

9 comments:

  1. making these now they look and smell amazing
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these tonight, and they were delicious! The only thing I would have done differently was add salt and pepper to the egg mixture. Otherwise, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these tonight, I add French Fried Onions to my breadcrumbs. There were amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I'm going to need to try adding fried onions to ours! YUM!

      Delete
  4. So do I put the oil on the backing sheet that's going insid3 the oven ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sorry for not being clearer - I should update the recipe to be more specific! The oil is to brown the chicken in a frying pan prior to putting on/in the baking sheet/dish.

      Delete
  5. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Priest Babaka has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Priest Babaka, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Priest Babaka for your own testimony via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com Or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...