Monday, May 12, 2014

Homemade Pizza Dough - no yeast needed!

I wouldn't necessarily say that I have a "yeast-phobia" but I'm going to put it out there that I have NEVER cooked with yeast.  At least not that I remember.  I don't really know why.  I guess maybe I just never have it and every time I've needed it and googled an alternative recipe that didn't use it, I've found what I've been looking for.

So given the popularity of the recipe I posted in the past for homemade biscuits with no yeast, I figured it was worth sharing the recipe that I've been using for pizza dough with no yeast!  I clearly am not the only person out there that cooks without yeast!


We love this pizza dough.  It's so easy and I always have the ingredients on hand.  Sometimes when you find a recipe online, like I did this one, you never really know how it's going to turn out.  I'm here to tell you that this one is just what we were looking for... hopefully you'll love it too!  Let me know!


Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2/3 - 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Desired sauce and toppings
  • cornmeal (sprinkle on pan to prevent sticking)

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 425°
  • Sprinkle pizza pan or stone with cornmeal
  • Whisk together dry ingredients
  • Gradually add water and mix with fork until a ball of dough forms
  • Remove from bowl to generously floured surface and work with hands a few times (I often add a little more flour since it's pretty sticky)
  • Roll out to desired size and thickness (you can do this on the floured surface or on the pan)
  • Brush on olive oil
  • Spread on sauce
  • Add cheese and toppings
  • Bake for 20 minutes

You could use a stand mixer to save yourself some effort but I don't work hard to make this and doing it by hand saves me from some extra dirty dishes!

Adapted from the Canadian Moms Cook recipe found here.

1 comment:

  1. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Priest Babaka has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Priest Babaka, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Priest Babaka for your own testimony via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com Or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...