Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Easiest and Yummiest Apple Crisp


Every fall I find myself searching for and trying many different recipes with apples but we always come to the conclusion that the best fall dessert is the tried and true apple crisp!  I actually have no idea where this recipe came from as it has just been in my recipe book for as long as I can remember.  If I ever find the source, I will be sure to give credit where credit is due.  I don't think I will ever try another apple crisp recipe because this one is so delicious and so easy.  The only downside is that it never lasts more than a day or two around here.  I imagine you will have the same problem...

Ingredients:
  • 8 apples - peeled, cored, sliced (if you have gigantic apples like I did this week, you can use 4... you'll know where there is enough in the pan)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions:
  • Place sliced apples in a buttered baking dish
  • Mix white sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples
  • Blend brown sugar, flour, and butter together for topping (I usually soften the butter a bit - not melted - and then just use my hands to squish it all up until it's combined)
  • Sprinkle over top of cinnamon sugar apples
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown

Of course I think this tastes best served warm and you can add some cool whip or ice cream if you're in the mood.  Coffee on the side is also definitely recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...