Monday, October 22, 2012

Blackberry Yogurt Muffins

I have found myself with a surplus of Blackberry Yogurt and I decided to embark on a search for a recipe to use some up.  I came across this recipe for Strawberry Yogurt Muffins and although I didn't have the fresh fruit to add to mine today, I decided to give it a go with my Blackberry Yogurt.  Success!  This is a very easy, versatile recipe.  Give it a try!



Here is what I did...

Ingredients for muffins:
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup blackberry yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for glaze:
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons milk

Instructions for muffins:
  • Heat oven to 400 degrees
  • Line a muffin pan with paper liners
  • In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt
  • In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, egg, melted butter
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined
  • Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean
Instructions for glaze:
  • Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk
  • Add more milk if too thick or more sugar if too thin
  • Drizzle over cooled muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...