Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo

I pulled this yummy meal together the other day with random things I found around my kitchen.  I would make a couple of changes for next time, but overall, it was very good!


Ingredients:

  • 3 pounds frozen boneless chicken breasts (if yours are thawed, don't cook as long)
  • 2 jars alfredo sauce
  • 1 box frozen spinach (optional... I used it and got feedback from my husband that we could cut back on or skip the spinach... I was not surprised to hear him say this!  I actually thought I could "hide" the spinach in this dish, but clearly it is not hidden.  I suppose it's all up to your personal taste.  I like it with the spinach!)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed (I did not use this and as soon as both my husband and I tasted this we looked at each other and said "This needs garlic!"  We added garlic salt over top, but it would have been yummier cooked in.)
  • My husband also suggested adding some artichokes to this which I thought would be a great idea for next time!  YUM!

Directions: 
(This is just what I did, basically throwing things in as I found them and making it up as I went.  It's easy to be creative with a crock pot, so have fun!)

  • Put frozen chicken in crock pot
  • Pour sauce over top
  • Dump chopped onion on top
  • Put the frozen spinach on top
  • Don't forget your garlic!
  • Cook on low 8-ish hours (I did high for 2 hours, low for 4 hours because I got started late.  Generally, 2 hours on low = 1 hour on high.  Just test the meat with a thermometer to be sure it's done.)
  • I broke up and sort of shredded my chicken in the end but you can do whatever you prefer.
  • Serve over pasta, couscous, or rice.

The 3 pounds of chicken served four adults and one child with plenty of leftovers.  Cut the recipe in half if you need to.  Trying to separate 3 pounds of frozen chicken before cooking is nearly impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...