Monday, October 29, 2012

Homemade Finger Paints

The impending arrival of a hurricane calls for some new indoor fun!  We get stir crazy very quickly over here with a two year old who would spend all day and night outside if she could.  I found this recipe for homemade finger paints on Pinterest several months ago and decided today was the day to try it.


This stuff is fantastic!!

I was nervous that my daughter wouldn't be too into the idea of finger painting.  We have never tried it before but I find her to be a little sensitive to different textures so I have always figured finger painting would not interest her.  I was very wrong.


The texture of this is kind of goopy, not chunky, not too wet, and it did not stain our fingers.  We used regular paper to paint on and it was just fine.  Leftover paint should be stored in airtight containers and some of the comments on the original blog suggested storage in the fridge as they noticed mold after a few days on the counter.  I have a feeling we might use the rest of ours up this afternoon.

You can find the original recipe here or follow along below:

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups water


Directions:
Combine ingredients in small saucepan
Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens (kind of like making gravy)
Cool and scoop into containers
Add food coloring (I bet you could use Kool Aid too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...