It was then that I realized that I have finally discovered the very best cucumber salad recipe and that I must share it with you! It is sweet, tangy, and refreshing. It will be perfect for when you have a plethora of cucumbers in your garden this summer, but don't wait until then! Run to the store and pick up a cucumber now!
Here it is, friends…
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons sugar (or 6 tablespoons sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry dill
- Mix cucumber, onion, and celery in large bowl
- Mix vinegar, water, and sugar together in small pot on stove and bring to a boil
- Pour liquid over vegetables
- Mix in dill
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour (the longer, the yummier)
- Serve cold
Adapted from the recipe found here.