I've seen Cake Mix Cookies a bazillion times all over Pinterest but never had a reason to make them so just kind of skimmed over them. When my daughter was planning her 4th birthday party this month and requested a "strawberry" theme, I remembered seeing some Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies on Pinterest and was able to easily whip up this delicious, colorful, and totally theme appropriate treat!
You are going to follow this basic recipe for every batch you make...
- 1 box cake mix of your choosing
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°
- Mix ingredients together
- Put in the fridge for about 10 minutes so the dough is not so sticky
- Make 1 inch balls of dough
- Flatten slightly with fingers
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes (give or take a couple)
- Let sit for a minute on the pan and then move to cooling rack
You can add some extras depending on what flavor you are making. With Chocolate, I added a teaspoon of vanilla and rolled them in sugar before baking. With Lemon, I added a teaspoon of lemon extract and rolled in powdered sugar before baking. With Red Velvet, I sprinkled with powdered sugar after baking. Be creative!
So far, my favorite has been Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies... they taste like brownies! My husband says the Funfetti ones are the best cookies he's ever tasted.
What's your favorite? If you haven't tried them, you should!