So given the popularity of the recipe I posted in the past for homemade biscuits with no yeast, I figured it was worth sharing the recipe that I've been using for pizza dough with no yeast! I clearly am not the only person out there that cooks without yeast!
We love this pizza dough. It's so easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. Sometimes when you find a recipe online, like I did this one, you never really know how it's going to turn out. I'm here to tell you that this one is just what we were looking for... hopefully you'll love it too! Let me know!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 - 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Desired sauce and toppings
- cornmeal (sprinkle on pan to prevent sticking)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Sprinkle pizza pan or stone with cornmeal
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- Gradually add water and mix with fork until a ball of dough forms
- Remove from bowl to generously floured surface and work with hands a few times (I often add a little more flour since it's pretty sticky)
- Roll out to desired size and thickness (you can do this on the floured surface or on the pan)
- Brush on olive oil
- Spread on sauce
- Add cheese and toppings
- Bake for 20 minutes
You could use a stand mixer to save yourself some effort but I don't work hard to make this and doing it by hand saves me from some extra dirty dishes!