Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Introducing the TB Blood Test!

I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the TB Blood Test. 
I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.

I'll be honest. I'm into "health" but I'm perhaps even more into ease and convenience. Anything that combines the two is something that I'm interested in learning more about!

Let's talk TB tests. You know what I'm talking about, right? The test that tells you if you've been exposed to tuberculosis. The one that's required of all employees working in the healthcare field, for instance. The one where you go to the doctor's office and they insert a needle into your arm filled with who-knows-what, make a little bubble of who-knows-what under your skin, leave it there for a few days, and then make you come back in to the office to see if you turned all red or something like that. Supposedly if you have a reaction to the test you've tested "positive." I don't know for definite what happens if you test positive but I do know that sometimes people have false positives, etc. I also know that even though I've only ever tested negative, I've always found these tests to be inconvenient and time sucking. I live 40 minutes from my doctor's office. That means I have to drive a total of 160 minutes over several days for this little bubble. Not into it.


But, regardless, TB tests are important.

Introducing the new TB Blood Test!

The TB Blood Test is a huge scientific advance over that ridiculous skin test (which I just learned is archaic - it's 110 years old!). It helps diagnose tuberculosis (TB) infection with even greater accuracy and a more reliable result. It's the only available method of testing for TB with completely objective results. The skin test is open to the interpretation of the person administering and checking it. The blood test is not.

And, you can guess my favorite part of the TB Blood Test! One visit. No need to head back to the doctors a few days later for checking. One and done.

With the TB Blood Test you get:
  • The most accurate test for TB infection - no cross reaction with a previous TB vaccination (the most common reason for false positives)
  • Only a 3ml blood draw - regardless of age or anything else
  • Total convenience of just one visit to the doctor's office.


Win, win, win, win, win!

So check out the TB Blood Test website, read more about it, and the next time you or your family member is due for a TB test, ask your primary care provider if it's right for you. I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article...Blood Sugar Monitoring Device!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...