Monday, April 18, 2016

1-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream - Allergen Free!

I've been trying a lot of new recipes since starting the breastfeeding elimination diet. As silly as it may sound, I'm pretty sure this banana ice cream one might be my favorite!


Eliminating ice cream from my diet felt like a big loss to me. I sometimes wonder if the amount of ice cream I ate during pregnancy was my demise! There are dairy-free, soy-free ice creams available  at my local grocery stores - mostly coconut based. I don't mind the taste, but the price is a whole other matter.

I'm hooked on bananas lately because they seem to settle well in my nursing baby's belly - and they just add that extra oomph to the plain Cheerios I eat almost daily for breakfast! And honestly - bananas are cheap, so I don't mind going through them quickly.

This banana ice cream - with literally ONE ingredient - is amazing.

Ingredients:
  • Bananas - that's it! Maybe 1, 2, or 3 depending on how many days you want your ice cream to last.

Directions:
  • Peel and slice a ripe banana
  • Freeze the slices in a freezer bag or freezer-safe covered bowl for a few hours or overnight
  • Pop the frozen banana pieces into a food processor
  • Pulse, pulse, pulse, pulse, pulse
  • Scrape down the sides periodically as needed
  • As you pulse the food processor you'll notice the banana break into little pieces, start to look crumbly, start to stick together, and then magically become smooth like soft-serve ice cream. It really is kind of magical and it only takes a few minutes!
  • Once it looks like soft-serve ice cream, scoop it out and either eat it like that or stick it back in the freezer to firm up a bit.

Delicious, healthy, and (unless you or your baby is allergic to bananas) allergen-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...