Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Admit It: My Bladder Leaks!


So this is the deal. I sometimes pee my pants.

Yup. I'm a grownup and I sometimes pee my pants.

I said it. Twice. Three times if you include that image.

I know I'm not alone.

When I was pregnant with my now almost 5 year-old daughter, a coworker told me I should do special exercises to build up my muscles down below in hopes of avoiding accidents when I laughed and sneezed. I thought she was crazy... until I started having accidents.

Back then, I blamed my accidents on my pregnancy. But now, I'm five years out and it still sometimes happens. You know what I'm talking about, right? Those muscles are never the same. You laugh, you sneeze, you cough, you change your underwear. In fact, I change my underwear due to bladder leakage way more than my preschooler does... my family thinks it's crazy... and I sometimes agree.



But the truth is, it's not crazy... it's not even rare or odd or different. I'm like millions of other women.

The reality is this: 

Well, I'm not in my 20's or my 80's, but I'm closer to my 20's than my 80's and it's happening to me. I think it's probably safe to say that it's happening to a lot more people in your circles than you might think!

So, what should a woman do if she's experiencing bladder leakage or incontinence? If you're anything like me, you're way more inclined to shop for period pads than incontinence pads - it just feels more comfortable to put those up on the checkout belt at the store, right? Maybe so, but you've probably figured out that period pads are kind of not the best solution for this problem... yet neither is changing your underwear every hour or so. It's impractical, uncomfortable, and just plain yucky.


Because Depend cares about people like you and me, they've created a whole new line of products especially for us. I know, I know, you're thinking diapers or huge pads... but no... read on! Incontinence protection has never looked this good!


Depend Silhouette Active Fit Briefs are different than what you might think of when you think of Depend. They are not bulky diapers - they are a thin and comfortable solution for the millions of women that are just like you and me. They are a new moderate-absorbency brief featuring a thin design for complete comfort - yet still including the trusted protection of the Depend brand. Depend Silhouette Active Fit Briefs are a lower rise for an underwear-like look, fit, and feel. They even have a cloth-like fabric that stays smooth under your clothes, and they come in black or beige to stylishly complement your wardrobe.


Say what?! Yes. You can stay stylish, discreet, and deal with your bladder leakage, all at the same time.


I've already picked up my first pack of Depend Silhouette Active Fit Briefs and I'm going to give them a try. What about you? How about a free sample? There's nothing to lose in that!


By the way, Depend is entering it's second year of Underwareness, a social movement and charitable cause to working to break down the stigma of bladder leakage. As part of the campaign, they're encouraging people to show their support for women with bladder leakage. For every photo or video shared using the hashtag #Underwareness and featuring Depend products, the Depend brand will donate $1 - up to $3 million - through 2016 to fund charities that advance the research and education of bladder leakage.

I think this cause is certainly one worth supporting. Will you join me?


2 comments:

  1. These are great! If we're honest; all women could use something like this occasionally, like on long car trips or flights. The sooner we accept this and use them, the better. They make life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...