- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups peeled, sliced, tart apples
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell, frozen or chilled in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all topping ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Chill until needed.
- Beat together sour cream sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and egg (can beat by hand).
- Add apples, mixing carefully to coat well.
- Put filling into pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees initially for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon crumb topping.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool for one hour before serving.
Original recipe found here.