|Well, this picture is the best I got last year but|
I'm unimpressed! Here's to hoping I won't forget
to take a better one next week!
We've toyed around with different side dishes and recipes throughout the years but in the end, this is the final list, and I doubt it will ever change! I will link to recipes if I have them typed up. My husband says he will not share the recipe for the turkey but I'll continue to work on that. I'm realizing that I have a few other recipes to add to the blog to complete the list so stay tuned!
- Turkey (the bigger the better, 23.88 pounds this year, a little small for us but the largest they had in the store!)
- Crockpot Cornbread Dressing
- Green Bean Casserole (I follow the recipe on the can of fried onions but I use my own cream soup)
- Mashed Potatoes
- Fried Apples
- Cranberry Sauce
- Apple Pie (or Sour Cream Apple Pie with Streusel Topping)
- Pumpkin Pie (with Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust)
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Cookies (something fun for the 3 year old... thinking turkey hands this year or fall leaf colored sugar cookies)
- Apple Cider
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Egg Nog
- Whatever else people prefer
Don't let holiday meals get the best of you... don't let them stress you out! Let them be filled with love, joy, deliciousness, and memory-making. It sounds so sappy, but it's so true. What's on your menu this year?